Phone: (662) 325-5817
Address: Box 5187, Mississippi State, MS 39762
Office: 353 Lloyd-Ricks-Watson Bldg.
Dr. Seong Yun is a resource and environmental economist working predominantly on coupled ecological-economics systems in agriculture, fishery, forestry, and water. The majority of his research and teaching efforts are centered in the multi-disciplinary fields in sustainability and resilience: conservation agriculture/fishery/forestry, ecosystem based management, natural capital valuation, ecosystem evaluation, and other science-based decision making and public policy topics. He specializes in bioeconomic modeling, applied econometrics, and numerical methods in economics. Prior to joining the faculty at Mississippi State University, he worked at Yale University as a postdoctoral research associate.
- Ph.D., Purdue University
- M.A., The State University of New York at Buffalo
- M.A., Seoul National University, 2009
- B.A., Seoul National University
- Resource and Environmental Economics
- Coupled Economic-Ecological Systems
- Sustainability in Agriculture, Fishery, Forestry and Water
- Natural Capital Valuation
- Extreme Weather Events and Climate Changes
- Jung, H. K., S. Yun, K.-k. Kim, S. G. Kim. 2020. Estimating values of urban green space in Seoul: Application of hierarchical linear regression model on hedonic housing price analysis. Journal of Environmental Policy and Administration 28(3). Download
- Yun, S., S. G. Kim. 2020. Air pollution and weather data by Si-Gun-Gu in South Korea. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 22(3):171-175. Download
- Yun, S., S. G. Kim. 2020. Mismatch of perception and data: Air pollution, medical expenses, and consumption in South Korea. Environmental and Resource Economics Review 29(2):113-144. Download
- Fenichel, E. P., J. K. Abbott, S. D. Yun. 2018. The nature of natural capital and ecosystem income. In P. Dasgupta, S. K. Pattanayak , and V. K. Smith (Ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics 4:85-142.
- Gramig, B. M., R. Massey, S. D. Yun. 2017. Nitrogen application decision-making under climate risk in the U.S. corn belt. Climate Risk Management 15: 82-89. Download
- Yun, S. D. B. M. Gramig. 2017. ACDC: Agro-climatic data by county. Purdue University Research Repository. Version 1.0.0. Download
- Yun, S. D., B. Hutniczak, J. K. Abbott, E. P. Fenichel. 2017. Ecosystem based management and the wealth of ecosystems. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) 114(25): 6539-6544. Download
- Yun, S. D., E. P. Fenichel, J. K. Abbott. 2017. capn: Capital asset pricing for nature (R-package). Version 1.0.0. Download
- Yun, S. D. and B. S. Waldorf. 2016. The day after the disaster: forced migration and income loss after hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Journal of Regional Science 56(3): 420-441. Download